Coaching is a proven method for improving individual and team performance. Its success derives from an understanding that all meaningful progress is driven from within. Here, Will Thomas and Alistair Smith offer practical advice to help individuals, teams and organizations secure the improvements they want.
This is a great book for:
– managers who want to help their team re-claim the agenda
– teachers who want a way of better understanding and motivating the ‘hard to reach’
– leaders who want an institutional focus that will bring energy to the system
– parents who have reluctant youngsters at home
– communities who want to get back in touch with each others’ needs
It answers the following questions:
– What is coaching?
– How do you coach?
– Where do you begin?
– How do you develop a coaching organization?
It includes: dialogues,case studies, examples of schools using coaching successfully, masterclasses and plenty of information about further help.